Do you consider yourself a movie trivia master?
Step right up and try your best with our first set of movie trivia questions for happy hour. We decided to give you a wide variety of movie trivia that pertains to:
- Movie characters
- Oscar winners
…and any other fun and interesting trivia that we thought a cinephile might know.
If you have any more trivia questions you think could be useful for our next update, feel free to let us know!
Note: Answers to these 25 questions are available at the bottom!
1) King Xerxes is the primary antagonist in which 2006 historical action film?
2) Which actress is widely known for portraying the character Letty Oritz in the Fast & Furious franchise?
3) Which animated film is the highest grossing film that includes a performance by Jackie Chan?
4) What kind of animal is Angus in Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging?
5) Which famous actor played the lead role in Stanley Kubrick’s Spartacus?
6) What is the name of Tyler Durden’s criminal organization in Fight Club?
7) What is the name of the novella that Apocalypse Now is based on?
8) Mission: Impossible 2, Gladiator, and Cast Away were the three highest grossing films of what year?
9) Who starred as Jackie Chan’s partner in Shanghai Noon?
10) Indiana Jones has a fear of what animal?
11) Who plays Debora in the 2017 action film, Baby Driver?
12) What brilliant character works as a janitor at MIT in a 1997 movie?
13) Yorgos Lanthimos directed what part period piece – part comedy in 2018?
14) Who directed Se7en?
15) In which country does Mamma Mia! Take place in?
16) In which American city does the 2017 comedy Girls Trip primarily take place in?
17) In Brick Tamland’s introduction in Anchorman, what food is he seen putting into a toaster?
18) What breed of dog is Eggsy’s puppy in Kingsman: The Secret Service?
19) In Sleepless In Seattle, What is Sam Baldwin’s (portrayed by Tom Hanks) occupation?
20) Andre The Giant plays Fezzik, in which fantasy film?
21) What Jane Austen novel is Clueless loosely based on?
22) Who starred opposite Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer?
23) What kind of car do Ferris and company borrow in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?
24) For what film did Emma Stone win best actress for in 2016?
25) When Lord Farquad is shown the three eligible bachelorettes, which number is Princess Fiona: 1,2, or 3?
26) What is the international feature film to win Best Picture?
27) What is Forrest Gump’s favorite soda?
28) What are the names of Thanos’ adopted daughters?
29) What is the name of the main antagonist of Disney/Touchstone’s 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
30) Aldous Snow is the lead singer of what fictitious band in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him to the Greek?
So…how did you do? This list of happy hour movie trivia is designed for the movie lover in mind. Hopefully right in that sweet spot of not too hard and not too easy. We know that these things get buried deep in your brain, and being able to flex your movie trivia knowledge is a skill that everyone secretly loves to do.
So go out there and watch more movies! You never know when our next set of movie trivia questions for happy hour will drop!