With the rise of the virtual happy hour, starting things off on a fun and lively note is crucial to beginning a wonderful virtual experience with your friends, coworkers, strangers, and just about anyone you find yourself on a virtual call with. It makes sense to start our article about questions with a very simple question.
So, how do you find virtual happy hour questions to ask people that are interesting and thought-provoking. You probably want to steer your conversation into territory that both of you (or the group) will find engaging and worthwhile.
To make it easy for you, we have outlined the best virtual happy hour questions for sparking conversation in 2021.
Whether you need a light-hearted icebreaker or a deeper, thought-provoking discussion question, we have the questions that you are welcome to try out at your next event. Plus, if you are planning an online experience with a virtual happy hour theme, these questions can help participants jump into the theme without a hitch.
Virtual Happy Hour Icebreaker Questions
1) Have you had a 15 minutes (or 15 seconds) of fame in your lifetime?
2) What is a movie you will never forget?
3) If you had to share one meme or GIF with the group, what is it?
4) Do you have an app on your phone that people in the virtual happy hour might now know about?
5) Have you ever discovered something before it blew up in popularity?
6) What is your “I should be on Shark Tank” idea?
7) Do you have a signature dance move?
8) What is your spirit animal?
9) What is a song that you wish more people knew about?
10) What is a fun secret that you have?
11) What was the last vacation you went on?
12) Which movie has the most rewatch value?
Which movie has the most rewatch value?
13) What is your drink of choice at the bar?
14) Have you ever accidentally purchased something too expensive?
15) What is your dream car?
16) Do you have a reoccurring dream?
17) Have you ever bombed an interview?
18) What is your most unique pet peeve?
19) Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger?
20) What is your favorite diner, drive-in, or dive in your hometown?
21) What was the last book you read?
22) If you got to participate on a television game show, which one would you choose?
23) Can anyone on the virtual happy hour do a celebrity impression?
24) What shows are you currently watching?
25) Did your parents make you learn or do something when you were a kid that you can’t believe they thought was a good idea?
26) What website do you think everyone should be using?
What website do you think everyone should be using?
27) What is your go-to dinner dish for a first date?
28) What was your childhood nickname?
29) What is your favorite tailgate food?
30) Does anyone have a joke that you swear always lands? What is the joke?
31) Who here would do the best in the Hunger Games?
Pro-Tip: If you are looking for more questions, check out our list of All About Me Questions! They’ll get your group engaged over interesting and thought-provoking questions that are sure to break the ice.
Virtual Happy Hour Discussion Questions
32) What is an unpopular opinion you have?
33) Have you ever had a job that taught you something valuable? What was it?
34) What book has made you think the most?
35) Do you believe in aliens? Ghosts?
36) Have you ever seen something that you cannot explain?
37) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
38) What is your passion?
39) Do you think binging television is making people like TV more or less?
40) What year would you choose to go to if you had a time machine?
41) Do you have any life advice for the virtual happy hour?
42) What is your favorite activity that requires spending zero or little money?
What is your favorite activity that requires spending zero or little money?
43) What healthy tips do you have to maintain a balanced lifestyle?
44) Do you think you spend too much money or save too much money?
45) What is something you do that always puts you in a good mood?
46) What is the best mistake you have ever made?
47) When was the last time you participated in an online argument ie: Facebook argument?
48) Is there a fad that you are hoping will go away? Or a fad you are hoping will stay for a long time?
49) Are there any companies you strong oppose? Any you strongly support?
50) What is something you are looking forward to?
51) Is there a fictional villain you secretly root for or a fictional hero you root against?
Well there you have it!
The team at HappyHourHelp hopes this list of questions can help you kickstart your next virtual happy hour. Whether you are in need of a short icebreaker or more interested in a deeper discussion-opening question, our list of virtual happy hour questions is deigned to make your next happy hour the best hour of your week.
I mean…..it is happy hour! Of course it will be.